Open discussion about freeMXF.org tools and MXF in general
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm
Board index » MXF Categories » freeMXF.org Tools

Author
Search for:
Rookie

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:08 pm 
Hi. Very new at this.

so I compiled the 1.0.1 beta on OS X. I then rendered out a VBR 2-pass MPEG2 sequence as a .m2v through Compressor (and a corresponding .ac3). I maxed out the peak VBR to 39.7 Mbs - this may have bit me later on...
I then invoked mxwrap (only the .m2v as input, it didn't like my .ac3 - no essence) like this:

tattoo:~/dev/mxflib-beta-1 am$ /usr/local/bin/mxfwrap /Volumes/o1/ElementaryStreams/Sequence\ 1-ice.m2v /Volumes/input/tmp/fireice.mxf
MXFlib File Wrapper

KAGSize = 1

Input file = /Volumes/o1/ElementaryStreams/Sequence 1-ice.m2v
Output file = /Volumes/input/tmp/fireice.mxf

Output OP = OP1a

Selected wrapping for file "/Volumes/o1/ElementaryStreams/Sequence 1-ice.m2v" : SMPTE 381M frame wrapping of MPEG2 video elementary stream

Processing output file "/Volumes/input/tmp/fireice.mxf"

Done
--
Okay, that was nice, now for the roundtrip back to FCP 6.0.1; I attempted importing the .mxf using Sony's XDCAM HD plugin...not recognized as a valid .mxf file.

First thing that comes to mind is I encoded at a higher VBR than the 35Mbs of XDCAM HD; the second idea is Sony's plugin is not 381M compliant?

I will attempt to open the file with Sony Vegas 7.0e, 8.0a and see how that works out.

Can someone spot a glaring mistake in the procedure above?
which NLEs are known to take in .mxf files wrapped with mxflib?

Cheers.

Rookie

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:39 pm 
axelmedia wrote:
Hi. Very new at this.

so I compiled the 1.0.1 beta on OS X. I then rendered out a VBR 2-pass MPEG2 sequence as a .m2v through Compressor (and a corresponding .ac3). I maxed out the peak VBR to 39.7 Mbs - this may have bit me later on...
I then invoked mxwrap (only the .m2v as input, it didn't like my .ac3 - no essence) like this:

tattoo:~/dev/mxflib-beta-1 am$ /usr/local/bin/mxfwrap /Volumes/o1/ElementaryStreams/Sequence\ 1-ice.m2v /Volumes/input/tmp/fireice.mxf
MXFlib File Wrapper

KAGSize = 1

Input file = /Volumes/o1/ElementaryStreams/Sequence 1-ice.m2v
Output file = /Volumes/input/tmp/fireice.mxf

Output OP = OP1a

Selected wrapping for file "/Volumes/o1/ElementaryStreams/Sequence 1-ice.m2v" : SMPTE 381M frame wrapping of MPEG2 video elementary stream

Processing output file "/Volumes/input/tmp/fireice.mxf"

Done
--
Okay, that was nice, now for the roundtrip back to FCP 6.0.1; I attempted importing the .mxf using Sony's XDCAM HD plugin...not recognized as a valid .mxf file.

First thing that comes to mind is I encoded at a higher VBR than the 35Mbs of XDCAM HD; the second idea is Sony's plugin is not 381M compliant?

I will attempt to open the file with Sony Vegas 7.0e, 8.0a and see how that works out.

Can someone spot a glaring mistake in the procedure above?
which NLEs are known to take in .mxf files wrapped with mxflib?

Cheers.

Did you try GV Edius??

Jump to: